Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fall Colors - Sunset Reds and Oranges

Yesterday we returned from our vacation in Southwest Florida. So I have lots of pictures to share!!!

One of the best things about Ft. Myers Beach is watching the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. Although we missed the sunset on our arrival day, we got to see one every other night. Some were better than others but all were beautiful. These are all as they came out of the camera - no Photoshop enhancements.









The above shot was taken on the day when we had clouds all day, not much sun and a little rain. Perhaps the best night of the bunch.



We stayed at my timeshare at the Lahaina Inn Resort. The nice thing about going to the Lahaina is seeing some of the same people year after year. This year we saw our friends Tracy and her daughter, Audrey. We shared tropical sunset drinks on the beach with them (and their friend, Kathleen) several nights. I brought the tripod with me and figured out how to work the timer so that we could all be in the shots together.





We had fun playing around with Audrey - she slept well at night because she was GO GO GO all day long!



There are all kinds of folks walking on the beach in Ft. Myers. One day, a woman and her parrot, Nica, were walking along.



We didn't stray too far from Ft. Myers Beach but did a little exploring to Lover's Key, a state park just to the south. We found some funky vining plants that sent roots into the sand. We also saw lots and lots of birds (and jumping fish).



We played on the beach.




We also went to the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve one day. We saw lots of birds there but no gators - although they were supposed to be there.



I explored the Lahaina grounds with my macro lens and played with some of the features on my camera (multiple exposures). Here are some of my "flower" and "play" pictures.







Right before we left for vacation, I shot some maternity portraits of my friend, Melanie. I'll share some of them next week.

No comments: