Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, October 01, 2006

FOCUS?POCUS

I’ve had a busy week so I did not get in as much photography as I would have liked. I did figure out how to create a subscription form for this blog so if you want to be notified every time I post a new PHOG entry, fill out the subscription form in the blog entry below this one (Friday, September 29, 2006).

I’ve been having focus issues with the new D200. It has so many different settings for the auto focus and I was not getting them. I spent some time this week trying to learn them and practice.

On Friday night I took some shots of Ivan, our 2 1/2 year old lab retriever mutt. He is sometimes a willing model.



On Saturday, Charles and I headed down to Blacksburg, VA to see Virginia Tech play Georgia Tech. This battle of the Techs did not go so well for the Hokies (VT’s team for those of you who don’t follow college football). It made for some interesting shots.



I was hoping to continue my lines theme from last week at the game. After all, as my mother-in-law recently mentioned, football is a game of lines. I got some.



I was captivated by the sky. At one point we thought the heavens were going to open up and drench us. I was actually expecting this since I did not bring a poncho or rain suit or anything like that. But we lucked out and got no rain.






On Sunday, Joe and I went over to Meadowlark Gardens and played with the camera. Here is the best of what we got.

Me:


Joe:



Have I got a deal for you!

I had a few things happen this week that provided me with some nice validation on my photography. First, I got a word of mouth referral to shoot a small wedding. Unfortunately it did not work out but the woman told me that she loved my work (after seeing it on my website). Perhaps I will get to work with her in the future. Later on the same day, I had someone else see my website for the first time and tell me that my work was beautiful.

If you’ve seen my work and like my style, have I got a deal for you. The holiday season is fast approaching. Before you know it, it will be time to send out holiday cards. What better way to let your family and friends know how you are doing than with a lovely portrait of you, your family, your child, and/or your favorite garden snail. Book a portrait session with me before the end of October and I will take one half off my regular sitting fee ($75 - so it will be $37.50).



Links:
Virginia Tech Football: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/

Meadowlark Gardens: http://www.nvrpa.org/meadowlark.html

Beyond Mere Words Photography: http://www.beyondmerewords.com

No comments: