Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend – Lots of Images This Week

Charles went to the first Virginia Tech football game of the season and I stayed home. While he was cheering the Hokies on to victory over Northeastern (38 to nothing), I took a drive around Northern Virginia with my camera. The weather was a little damp as the remnants of not-Hurricane Ernesto were passing through.

I stopped by the Colvin Run Mill Historic site – a photo worthy place. On my way down the hill to the mill, I came across another photographer. He was shooting with a Nikon D70. We had a short conversation about our Nikons and then we both continued with the task at hand, photography.

Here the other photographer setting up a shot of the some discarded mill grinding wheels.



Here is my own interpretation of the same scene. I did a little selective coloring in Photoshop on this one.



On Sunday we went to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center (part of the National Air & Space Museum near Dulles airport). So many planes. The shapes were interesting. I shot with both my D70 and my D200.




No, this is not a B&W image. This was the color of the sky on Sunday afternoon.

<



The museum has an SR71 Blackbird on display. It flew from California to Washington in a little over one hour. Amazing. Yes, I adjusted some settings in Photoshop on this one.



The museum also has a space shuttle on display. It is a BIG flying vehicle.



Charles has not made the PHOG yet. So here he is. I imagine he is saying. “My wife the photographer. I wish that she’d stop taking pictures of me.”



LINKS:

Virginia Tech Football: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/

Colvin Run Mill Historic Site: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/crm/

Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center: http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/

Until Next Week!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An SR-71?!?!?!?!?! That's awesome, I especially like the picture of the Space Shuttle. Excellent Job.