Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sharing My Passion For Photography

I am starting this blog, PHOG, to share my passion for photography.

Starting today I will be posting a weekly PHOG sharing my latest photography adventures.

This week I was practicing with my new macro lens.

Next week I will be visiting family in New York. I love to take candid photos capturing the diversity in human expressions. My family is an interesting group and will make a fine addition to the PHOG.

After that, who knows. I have been thinking of taking a series of pictures of American flags in downtown Washington, D.C. Maybe those will make the PHOG.

This weekend we went to visit my in-laws down in Bristol, VA. My father-in-law, Mac, showed me an antique match holder that he had received from his father. I didn't know that such things existed. His "raven" grabbing matches out of a "coffin" had been featured on the cover of a book on match holders (yes, there are books on "everything"). Kinda cool, eh? I had to take a picture - after all I did have a new camera with a new macro lens.



My in-laws live on a nice big lot with lots of trees and interesting objects. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this rustic bird house.



When I told Charles (my husband) about my new macro lens, he made a comment that I would be taking more "flower" pictures. I guess I do take a lot of them. The following images are not "flower" pictures although these "chicks and hens" plants do look very floral, don't they. I played with them in photoshop too.







Please come visit my PHOG next week. Oh, and don't forget to leave me some comments.

- Nadia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the match case in the first photo? Des

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Nadia ! Great Job.. Can't wait to get together with you for a flower shoot ! We can make a trip to get some pumpkin shots too, leaves on the ground ! Then there is snow on the trees.. and ice storms.. the sky and the stars ! I'm so happy for you just starting out reaching for your dreams.
Jules ~ From over the River......

Anonymous said...

The shot of your parents are wonderful, Nadia. You have a great eye.