Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Scouting

It has been sooooooo cold the last couple of weeks that I have not wanted to take the bus and Metro to work. Somehow driving door to door has held some value!!! As I have driven over the Roosevelt Bridge every morning, I have noticed the repeating pattern of Memorial Bridge - made all the more striking due to a morning reflection in the frozen Potomac River. I've been researching how to reach a good place to shoot this scene. On the way home from work tonight, I decided to take a detour to look for the spot that I hope to visit again this weekend with tripod and DSLR in hand.



It was dark, I had no tripod and only had my little point and shoot (always with me and ready to capture the scene at hand). This image is the Memorial Bridge - the bridge between the Lincoln Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. I've adjusted the image with a little of the Topaz Simplify plugin in Photoshop CS3. I can't wait to get back there this weekend for a morning shot. Hopefully there will still be some frozen Potomac.

The view looking towards the Roosevelt Bridge with Rosslyn, Virginia in the background was also striking. The Roosevelt Bridge also crosses the Potomac River between Virginia and the District of Columbia - over part of Theodore Roosevelt Island. This image was also adjusted with Topaz Simplify.



Click on either image to see it BIGGER!!!

No comments: