Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, August 17, 2009

Lessons Learned

This past weekend we celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was a great event. I, however, was an awful photographer. I guess that I can blame lots of things for this ... mostly myself for not thinking. I was so wrapped up with everything that was going on that I didn't think clearly about the various things that I knew should have been done - like make sure the auto focus was always turned on, or that I was using the correct ISO, or ...

I did get some good shots. And thank goodness for Photoshop plug-ins. At least some of the shots could be saved somewhat. If you like some of the creative stuff.

I did shoot about 80 images so it will take a little while to process them all. In the meantime ... the couple of honor - my mom and dad!!!


The morning after the party - before we all headed on our separate ways - we were able to have breakfast together - my parents - my sister and her family - and me and my family. Joe's friend Billy shot the images. Unfortunately the autofocus was not turned on and not one shot was in actual focus. I love the Topaz Simplfy filter for an artistic family portrait.


My parents. 50 Years Together ... and still very much in love!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're an artist. Look fwd to what's to come. Blessed evening!

Dorine Maclauchlan Losasso said...

Congratultions to your parents. You have the memories, and the photos will be a great reminder, regardless of whether they are "picture perfect".
Job well done Nadia.