Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When you see red ... (part 2)



OK - so this image has no red in it. This is another sunflower image from my sunflower scouting mission this past weekend. The point of this image is DETAILS ... I wasn't really in the mood for wide open sunflower fields. However, I did want to play with my macro lens and I noticed all the pollen on the leaves so ...

now for the RED.



After visiting the sunflower fields at McKee-Beshers, I decided to deviate from the GPS directed route to White's Ferry and followed River Road. I knew that it went all the way but I also knew that some of it was gravel. Luckily it was a good quality "gravel" so Charles' Honda Civic hybrid had no problems navigating. I was rewarded for my adventurous spirit by a red barn at a turf farm. I shot this out the car window with the 105 mm macro lens that was still on my camera. Not so bad ...

and then I rounded a corner and saw this same red barn from the other direction and there was a pretty cool looking fence. I liked this image a lot better - still shooting out the car window. Next time I will get out of the car and work the scene a little more.



I can't wait to get back to the sunflower field, country roads, and White's Ferry with my photo "buds" on Saturday.

Until then ...

... remember click on any image to see a larger version.

No comments: