Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Week 21: 7/5/2009


Week 21: 7/5/2009, originally uploaded by Nadia McIlhany.

I continue on with my self-portrait project. Who says that you have to be the only one in a self-portrait.

Independence Day weekend brought visitors to our home, my in-laws. On Sunday afternoon we headed over to the Air Force Memorial in Arlington, VA. Since my father-in-law was in the Air Force and my mother-in-law grew up in the Air Force ... we've been talking about going over there for a while now. We finally made it.

Whenever I drive home from work (when I do drive), I see the memorial from a distance. This was my first chance to get "up close and personal." The sky was not optimum - no blue skies or puffy clouds - it actually started to rain while we were there - not so good when trying to shoot straight up. I'll have to go back - maybe at sunset or at night - they light it up at night.

And, yes, this started as a photograph and then I added some Photoshop Plugin magic - Topaz Simpliy - the cartoon setting. I love the creativity that digital photography allows.

No comments: