Share This Blog!!!

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, June 28, 2009

More From Maine - a Lobstah Town

We spent several days in New Harbor, ME on the Pemiquid Peninsula. In addition to the nearby lighthouse (coming in the next post), this lobstah town offered many photo opportunities. Click on any image to see it larger.

I'm playing with some new software to manipulate my images into "art." Not that my photography is not art ... it is!!! But I like this look too. The building on the water to the right was Shaw's - a place where I ate lobstah several times!!! Mmmmmm melted butter!!!


We got permission to shoot on a private dock in Back Cove - across the harbor from New Harbor. I went there twice so watch for more images from this area.


Photography isn't always about the big scene. Sometimes is is all about the details - in the case of Maine, it is the ropes and buoys.



You just never know what you are gonna find around the corner - lobstah fishing is one dangerous profession - especially when the local lobstah mafia has you in its sites.

1 comment: